Saturday, September 27, 2008

Open Studios - Holy Smokes!

Wow!

So today was the first day of the Lowell-wide Open Studios - it was a rainy but not particularly cold day today, so I was really unsure of how well I'd do... Happily, I was an early bird today (setting up my small loom with warp for people to try weaving on), and I sold several scarves before the Open Studios even officially started at 11am.

(A pretty bad picture of my inventory in my studio before Open Studios actually started.)

All in all, I sold TEN scarves! Wowzers! Five of them never even made it into my Etsy shop - including all three scarves from the Not for the Faint of Heart warp (loved weaving those, such fun colors)...

Turns out I only took photos of *one* of these completed scarves - whoopsie...

Another lesson I learned today - I need to come up with some kind of code to write down on receipts so that I know who bought which scarf. I know which scarves sold, but mostly just be default, not to due to any kind of competent book-keeping on my part.

So, all in all, a very successful day. No idea if the success will continue in to tomorrow - my racks are starting to look a little sparse, I need to rearrange things a bit. And boy do I need to weave more!!

5 comments:

Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio said...

Whoop whoop!!! I did a little dance around the studio for you!!! Hooray!!! You go girl!!! I hope you have an even better day tomorrow and sell so many that you run out!!! ;)

skiingweaver said...

Thank you, thank you! :) I'm still all hyped up, lol.

Leigh said...

Kristin, that's fantastic! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Your scarves are absolutely gorgeous. Well done.
Anne

Emily said...

Congratulations Kristin. I love seeing them all together and that bottom piece is so beautiful!