Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An Award from the Weavers' Guild!

Just a quick post - I'm up to my eyeballs in preparation for the SOWA Art Walk this weekend (gulp) (I'll take pictures)...

But I did manage to get to the Weavers' Guild of Boston Meeting today (I'm Yearbook Chair, I figured I should probably be there for the Board Meeting...) - and I got an award! I'm completely tickled!

From our yearbook:

"The Dorothy Glowacki Celebratory Award is given annually to a younger, newer member who exhibits steady progress and merits recognition for continuing his or her educational endeavors in the fiber arts field."

Hey, cool!

And, while I'm at it, I should plug the new and improved website for the Guild:

Weavers Guild of Boston (website).

Nancy Kronenberg, the Website guru for the Guild, has put a lot of hard work into the site, and I think it looks great. While you're at it, you can take a peek at Nancy's lovely weaving, too, at her website Rosepath Weaving.

1 comment:

The Filigree Garden said...

I was skimming through some of the blogs to which I subscribe and I stopped when I came to yours that mentioned the Boston Guild meeting yesterday. How funny, I was there and saw you get your award! Congratulations! I am a new weaver and new to the Guild, so this was only my second meeting.

You do great work. Good luck at SOWA.