Sunday, December 31, 2006

A new scarf!


I finally took pictures of the red/gold chenille scarf! I think this one came out pretty good... Still trying to figure out the best way to photograph handwoven stuff (and still too cheap or possibly lazy to have ordered a dress form).

I like the fun twill-ish pattern, looks like a graph Carlos would make at work (he's an analog design engineer). The colors are good too, a warm rusty red and golden brown in both the warp and weft. I seem to have lots of cool tones in my etsy shop - strange because I tend to lean towards warm colors, generally. Though I do wear cool-colored clothing most of the time because of my skin tone, so maybe that's why I've been weaving lots of cool toned items.

Anyway, overall I'm happier with how this scarf turned out than I thought I would be, always a good surprise.

No comments: