Sunday, October 21, 2007

Leaf Peeping

So, my Mum, the kids and I went on a little leaf-peeping drive on Friday - it was a rainy, misty sort of day, which makes the colors look even nicer in person. The leaves are prettier near home - I grew up in centralish Massachusetts, right along Route 2 where the Mohawk Trail starts (which is a *hugely* popular route for leaf-peepers). Just enough of a colder climate that the colors are really spectacular... My Mum's big old sugar maples included (we made maple syrup for years!). Still, they're still very pretty here in Eastern Mass., so I thought I'd post a few pictures.

Not sure if my meager photography skills have captured the colors, but I love this time of year!


Pretty little road in Dunstable, Mass. Muted colors, but I liked it anyway.


Really pretty tree/stone wall - too bad about the power lines. Stone walls meander all over the place in New England - a reminder than 150+ years ago the region was more or less clear-cut for farms, etc.





OK, I took a bunch more, but that's probably enough, right?

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

No, no, more would be great. Enjoyed all the pictures.