Monday, October 15, 2007

Weavers Guild Sale

I've been AWOL lately. Lots going on at home - and I'm also trying to get ready for the upcoming Weavers' Guild of Boston Textile Show and Sale.

Eeks.

This will be my first time participating, and I'm sitting on the jury as well. I'm really looking forward to jury service - how fun is it going to be to be able to see/handle all the fabulous items various guild members have been working on this year? Yup, definitely going to be fun. A little scary, but lots of fun. Most of these women have been weaving for a *lot* longer than me... I like to think that I can add a little something, just by using interesting fibers (hooray for bamboo!) and colors, but we'll see...

At any rate, if anyone out there lives in the Boston area and would like to come visit the show, here's the info:

Where: Josiah Smith Barn, 358 Boston Post Rd., Weston, Massachusetts

When: Thurs Nov. 1 (5pm - 9pm), Fri. Nov. 2 (10 am - 9 pm), Sat. Nov. 3 (10 am - 5 pm).

Directions: Take Route 128 (I-95) to Route 20W to Weston Center.

Let's see if I can manage to link to a google map of the location.


View Larger Map

Admission is free, and the Guild is also putting on an exhibit of Overshot textiles (neato!). My overshot table runner that I'm weaving in my picture is going to be in the exhibit, actually. And I'll be hoping to sell some of my work there, too! Best of all, a portion of the proceeds of the sale is used to support the study of weaving and textiles.

I hope to see you there!

1 comment: