Monday, February 16, 2009

Waaaaay Behind

Gah. So much, once again, for doing it all. I haven't posted in ages. I haven't visited other people's blogs in ages, either! Thank you so much to everybody who's been commenting on my blog regardless of my lameness, I promise I will make the rounds soon to catch up with everybody.

I don't even really have much of an excuse for it - the legal work has been on hold for a little while, so it's just life as normal around here. Sold a couple of scarves at Open Studios last week, that's always nice. I've also been experimenting with these little guys:

Little fibery beads! They're about an inch long, woven with 20/2 silk and that yummy Dragon Tale's variegated rayon. Making them stick has been a challenge, but I think I have it figured out. Though my brain might just be addled from the glue fumes, I'm not sure.

Purple ones, too!

And a bracelet that I made - one of my first attempts at actually making jewelry. I'm terrible. LOL. But I can completely see why people get addicted to it, it's so much fun!

I'm also conducting a little experiment... With the new-ish batch uploading at Etsy, views are a bit slower in coming. So I listed the berry colored beads on both Etsy and Artfire at approximately the same time, I'm curious to see where I get more views! (My money is still on Etsy, but this will be interesting.) I'm terrible about promoting, so we'll see.

OK, off to get some weaving done. Or maybe some cleaning. My house is a complete wreck, as usual... Time to print out my Fly Lady - inspired cleaning task list and get to it!

10 comments:

Susan B. said...

Those beads are beautiful! How big/small are they? Very unique.

skiingweaver said...

Hi Susan! They're just an inch long or so, and about a quarter inch across/diamter-wise, if that makes sense. Little guys, but fun to make!

Anonymous said...

Love your beads! Such a great idea, a great way to use small pieces of fabric.

gonga said...

So tiny!! are they woven an inch wide or are they cut from a wider piece of fabric? how do they not fray? so many questions but I am just fascinated, my sister is a jeweller and I am a weaver and here you have done both.

skiingweaver said...

Yup, they are woven just an inch wide, it was kind of fun - took about two minutes flat to warp, lol! :) I coated one side in Modge Podge so they won't fray (tried two sides, but that made them really stiff). Don't show your sister my bracelet, she'll faint, it's terrible! LOL! (My very first attempt at making something from beads, it's a lot of fun!)

Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio said...

Hooray!!! You're back!!! Hey, remember the meme where you have to write 25 random facts about yourself then tag someone else to do the same.....well, tag! Your turn;)

LOVE the beads;)

Taueret said...

they're great- and I don't think I've seen anyone else do that.

Felizitas said...

So cute. Its so seldom that you can see new ideas? How did you get the ends clear when ypou rolled them?

skiingweaver said...

Thanks! Not sure what you meant about keeping the ends clear? I just rolled them in little tubes... And they're woven that wide, so those are my selvedges at the edges. :) I've since made some fuzzy ones from alpaca/silk and cashmere and they're easier to glue!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Well done!