Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cashmere Scarf - Finally!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since the 9th. Yikes. Happy St. Patty's Day! (A day late.)

On the bright side, I've actually been very productive! Nothing like a custom request or two to get the shuttle flying...

So, I finally finished weaving the cashmere/tencel scarf from Fearless Fibers' yummy hand-dyed laceweight cashmere:

It's long and skinny, as expected, and the drape/hand is lovely! Hooray for Fearless Fibers! I like how her purples/blues/plums blended with the silvery grey tencel, a very nice combination.

And I also finished a headscarf made from bamboo and tencel as a special request for an etsy customer - it's patterned after a bamboo/zephyr scarf that I have listed in my esty shop, and came out really nice. That was the first time I combined bamboo and tencel and the fibers worked very well together.

Yum. I still love how those blues pop against the black.

And, in the meantime, I've got some experimental wool bookmarks going on my little loom for a grab bag promo being put together by the wonderful etsyFAST (Fiber Arts) folks. Check out our website!

That's about it for now - I'm off to post that cashmere scarf in my etsy shop.

No comments: