Friday, February 2, 2007

Fun with Horoscopes

OK, so I'm not a huge believer in horoscopes, but they can be fun. Since I just had a birthday, I'm an Aquarius, and there's lots of random info about my sign floating around right now. How about this, for people who know me?

"100% original Aquarians, lovers of freedom and progress and speakers of truth. Aquarius people will always surprise us with their honesty, even if they are sometimes off-putting in their approach. But it's their electric nature to shake things up, and with an Aquarius around, life will never, ever be dull."

Once upon a time Carlos (hubby) said he married me precisely because life would never be dull with me. What's that ancient Chinese curse....? Brave man.

He's a Taurus. For some reason, I thought Aquarius folks and Taurus folks are not supposed to get along, but, hey, this little quiz proved me wrong:

You Should Be With an Earth Sign!

Your best match is a Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn

Why? You like your guys to pamper, wine, and dine you
Not that you're a gold digger, you just like the finer things
An Earth Sign will go all out to woo you - and enjoy doing it
And you'll never find a more trustworthy or loyal match!
What Sign Should You Date?


Another blurb about Aquarians:

"To some degree, every Aquarius must walk the journey to authenticity and that decision can mark him with a feeling of being very different or alienated from the mainstream. But making the decision to be different is a defining moment in Aquarius' life, truly a heroic one."

Interesting. I like the idea of this, but I don't know if it's just plain hubris to think it applies to my own life yet. I have started the journey in some ways (leaving a hellish career, for example, instead making tons of money, which most people I know thought I was insane for doing - not lovely Carlos, though, hooray for a supportive husband) and I sure as heck have lots of ideas of how continue to step away from the mainstream... But it's definitely easier said than done. Funny how everyone else's expectations tend to drag you kicking and screaming back towards normality. I'm trying, hard, to get there, or at least to start getting there, but it's not easy.

And this was meant to be a light-hearted post. Goodness.

No comments: