Friday, September 14, 2007

Productive Thursday

So, Ms. B had her first drop-off for preschool yesterday. Just for an hour and a half - she had a great time. *I* had butterflies the whole way there! Very odd to leave her there, it's the first time she's done something like that on her own... Harder for me than her.

But, on the bright side, Mr. Conall had a good nap while she was gone (after some running around bringing Papi to work - we only have one car, but we'll have to break down and get another soon, sigh, goes against my earth-friendly attitude, but what can you do when you need to be in two places at once and neither is on public transit?).

Anyway, I digress - he napped, I managed to get a bamboo scarf photographed and listed in my etsy shop:

Hooray for sunny fall days that make photography easy!

Speaking of which - it has been *gorgeous* here lately. We've been taking lots of walks - it's been in the 70s (F) and clear for a lot of the week, just beautiful. And we even finally got some rain after the driest August on record in this area (awful, my garden is brown and crunchy). The leaves will be starting to change soon (a few are jumping the gun, the younger maples seem to do that sometimes), and before we know it our backyard will be awash in fall color.

I love fall, it may be my favorite season, though I do love winter, too (obviously)... Fall and winter just feel cozy to me. Time to gather people close, bake pie (I made an apple pie last night with apples from one of my brother Mark's apple trees, yum) and bread, work on projects, go for walks and eventually get out there to ski on the weekends. I do love spring, too, with all the new flowers coming up and lots of plans for gardening (that generally never come to fruition).

About the only season I get sick of after a couple weeks is summer - I don't do well in hot weather and spend most of my time hiding from the sun (fair skin). Thank goodness Carlos loves cooler weather, too, despite having spent his first 8 years in a tropical climate. (And the next ten in Arizona and California.)

Hooray for fall!

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Kristen, you are such a happy optimist. ♥ ♥ ♥