Monday, February 4, 2008

Etsy Finds!

Good grief - sorry to start so many of my recent posts with !'s, but, man, lots of good things have been happening lately.

The latest is that I've been featured in the Etsy Finds shopping guide! Check it out (a little awkward, I copied it from the email so the formatting is a little off) - scroll down a bit for my scarflette, I left some of the featured items in there too...

Etsy Finds


February 4, 2008

Today's Etsy Find is all about a little-known shopping feature on Etsy---Suggestions. Suggestions looks at the items you've added as favorites and, based on those, chooses more items you might enjoy. I consulted the Suggestions oracle...and these are some of the things it recommended.

Adverts paper bird

Everything in this shop is so delicate and sweet. By cottonbirddesigns, $39.

View item | View Shop | Add to Etsy Favorites



Mr. Bunny Art Doll, felted and stuffed

Another fully whimsical and adorable shop. This would make someone (me) very happy on Easter. By MarmeeCraft, $110.

View item | View Shop | Add to Etsy Favorites


I got my hands out tee

Limited edition of 5, just two left! By Gongze, $59.99.

View item | View Shop | Add to Etsy Favorites


Rectangular Honeycomb

This is just one of those art forms that I will never be able to do in a million zillion years. Thank goodness there are shops like xoxoxo so I can buy it all instead. $200.

View item | View Shop | Add to Etsy Favorites


Un Poquito Caliente - Handwoven Bamboo Scarflette

This is handwoven and ridiculously affordable. You probably want to snap up everything in this shop before the rest of Etsy discovers her. By skiingweaver, $35.

View item | View Shop | Add to Etsy Favorites


Teapot

By michellemiller, $85.

View item | View Shop | Add to Etsy Favorites





Hooray! Such a nice thing to have happen!

It's funny, I've been selling on Etsy for a little over a year now, and I'm finally starting to feel like it's falling into a little bit of a groove. It takes quite a while and quite a bit of work to get noticed, I think, especially if you're not selling supplies or impulse purchase items. Even worse for jewelry artists, I'd imagine, there are sooooo many people on Etsy who make jewelry! (And so much of it is beautiful!) Or maybe it's just taken me this long to start to feel comfortable with selling/marketing my work.

At any rate, it's been a whole heck of a lot of fun, and hopefully that will continue!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

skiingweaver said...

Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

how wonderful for you. i hope you are feeling proud and confident in the beautiful, sophisticated work you create.