Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

Whoo-hoo, happy February 29th! :) I know of at least one couple that are getting married this evening (Congrats to Ali and Rachel!)...

Ms. B was almost a leap baby. Missed it by about four hours. And after 25 hours of (natural) labor, I was just happy that she was finally born, lol! (As my midwife said - first babies don't fall out. Conall was muuuuch faster!)

And I actually managed to list another scarf in my Etsy shop today. Carlos (hubby) really likes the colors on this one:

I wasn't so sure about it when it came off the loom, but after I got it finished/washed, it looks great! I have another Ms and Os scarf that just came off the loom, so I'll post before and after photos tomorrow-ish so you can see what I mean. Washing makes a huge difference in this structure, especially when I use fiber like bamboo that shrinks a bit.

I'm also happy that I'm managing to build up a little inventory. (Not that a whopping nine items is much inventory, but still...) One of my goals this year is to try to build up enough inventory to maybe try out a little craft show or two this fall, just to get my feet wet. (Or, alternatively, to apply to a local artists' co-op that I have my eye on.) So, I'm getting there.

At any rate, happy Leap Day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree with carlos - those colours are stunning...

Leigh said...

All the items in your Etsy shop are lovely. I especially like this one because of the green. I think you're doing very well with your inventory!

Alpaca Granny said...

I do love this scarf, Kristin. I saw it in a Treasury this morning.
Maple

skiingweaver said...

Thanks so much guys! :) (I saw you in that Treasury, too, Maple, whoo-hoo! Love your yarn!)

Leigh said...

You can absolutely link to all those sewing handwovens suggestions. I just hope it's as helpful for others as it is for me!